Friday, March 29, 2013

Katakana Literary Work Final

みなさん、

This is the final Katakana Literary Work Post by me (at least for now). So I will combine the first two posts that I have together and then add another poem at the end.



Senryuu 川柳(せんりゅう)is a short poem.

It consists of 3 lines with 17 (5-7-5) or more/fewer morae.
Example from wikipedia,

どろぼうを
とらえてみれば
わがこなり
The robber,
when I catch,
my own son

The subject of senryuu is based on human nature, usually ironic or satirical.
Senryuu is similar to haiku はいく。 Nevertheless, haiku have seasonal expressions which senryuu don't have to have.

(Credit: さとう先生のブローグです http://nikonikonihongo.blogspot.com/2013/03/blog-post_6523.html#comment-form ありがとうございます!)

This is the first senryuu that I composed.

おはようを                                        Good Morning           
はなしていると                                We are saying it and
ハヤクする                                        Saying it fast

さんぽしてる                                    We are walking
ハヤクしている                                Walking fast
おはようを                                        Good morning

はなしてる                                        We are saying good morning
あるくとはなす                                We are walking and saying
とてもハヤク                                    really fast

This is inspired by people who have to rush to class in the morning or during the 10 minute class-change time. They walk pass someone they know and say hi to them, but they just keep walking and do not talk to each other any more than that. That greeting can be somewhat regarded as shallow and meaningless.  Also, I used katakana in はやく meaning "fast" (adv) to emphasize the word. I'm not sure whether I did it right, but I'm really like it anyway.


This one is  はいく inspired by Early Morning Rain by Peter Paul and Mary

雨(あめ)ふってる                    It's raining
くらくとしずかに                          darkly and silently
はやい雨                                         early morning rain

雨ふってる                                     The rain is falling
行(い)くところない             with no place to go
シツレンシマス                              with a broken heart

This one I emphasized the broken heart.


There is the new 川柳 that I just composed. This one is inspired by the song Home by Michael Buble.

パリとローマ                                          Paris and Rome
一人(ひとり)いる ウチ                   I live by myself. Home
帰りたい                                                 is where I want to go.

そとうれしい                                          Outside, happy
人(ひと)たくさんいる                       people there are.
さびしくて、                                          I feel alone and 

かなしいウチ                                         sad. Home.
とても帰りたい                                     I want to go home.
なく一人(ひとり)                             I cry alone.

I used パリ, ローマ as Paris and Rome as I'm supposed to (borrowed words). But I also use ウチ as home instead of うち or 家 to emphasize. 

Actually, the song itself focuses more on the reunification part when the singer gets back home so it has quite a happy ending. But in this poem, we focus on the author's longing to go back home.
 じゃあ、 詩(うた poem)が 3つ ありますが、 何が 一番 いいと思いますか?


No comments:

Post a Comment